Sunday, March 8, 2009

March Madness: Day 8

Today is Alexandria Jean's 5th birthday! She is, according to her, one whole hand old. Sweet. I feel a teensy bit bad for her too, because today is spring forward, so she lost an hour of her special day. Man, spring forward always kicks my butt, and today is no exception. Does it affect you guys like that? I digress. Alex, had a fantastic day otherwise, and was completely spoiled. We had a fam party at my in-laws, where she got a lot of great stuff. Everything she asked for really. It's pretty great having family around and being a close family at that pretty much rocks. Thanks for coming guys!
Alex with her Tinkerbell cake.

Maddy & Alex together. They really do love each other!

Alex opening her "pink mermaid" from Auntie Elizabeth & Uncle Charlie. She has been wanting one since Christmas!

And my favorite! This is when she saw her brand new BIG GIRL bike from Grandma & Grandpa Murphy. Seriously stoked is all I can say.


She also got 3 new Wii games! One from Maddy, one from Uncle Jakey, & her fave, Mario Cart from Grandma & Grandpa J. A big pink stuffed Unicorn from Auntie Charity & Uncle Mike, Beverly Hills Chihuahua from Uncle Austin, Space Buddies, crayons & coloring book from yours truly. See told ya she made a haul! And the nice thing is, I could get away with, just getting her what we did, because we have such a fantastic family who will step up! Cool huh.

Alex ~ Today, you are 5, one whole hand old, but can remember when you were one second old and my midwife Lisa told the world who you were. A girl. An amazingly sweet, beautiful girl. Number 2 in our family. We didn't want to know what you were, and as hard as it was to follow through with that, it was worth it. Because its you we wanted. And it suits you, us not finding out. You are a constant surprise to us. From how smart you are, to how kind you can be, to how strong willed you act. Yup, you always surprise us. And you challenge us. You make us smile & laugh & cry & sometimes you make me wanna scream! But that's all apart of being a Mom, and I love it. Like I love you. I am so excited to see what this next year will bring. More challenges certainly. More joys, with out a question. A new school year, as a KINDERGARTNER! Holy cow. One thing I am certain of though, is I love you, and I am going to have fun with you. I love you... Mommy

1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

I just realized my mistake in my last comment. WOW...it is ALEX who is 5 - now I really can't believe it. I should have known that is who you were talking about though. Brain Freeze. Looks like a great birthday!