Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Madness: Day 24


8 years ago today, I married my best friend. It was a pretty great day. We were 20, silly, immature, and pretty much still kids. Now we're 28, silly, immature, and pretty much still kids. Guess time changes some, but not us. At least not yet. We have made 3 great kids. More then our fair share of bad decisions. A home. Yet I still feel like a kid. Trav & I were talking about this just the other day too, how we feel like we are still "playing" at being grown ups. Does anyone else feel like that? It was funny, we saw Kirk Cameron (the guy from Growing Pains) on TV, and we were talking about him, and Trav said, "how old do you think he is now? He's gotta be pushing 30." I was like, "DUDE! WE ARE pushing 30! He's gotta be closer to 40." It really hit us then that we are not "kids" any longer. We have major responsibilities. Jobs, a mortgage, car payments, daycare expenses, every type of insurance known to man kind, THREE CHILDREN. Sigh. But we have 8 very strong years of marriage under our belts. Some were easier years, some were harder years. But they have all been HAPPY years. And I think that counts for a lot.

In talking to my hub we decided that we aren't going to think about what life will be like 8 years from now. Too scary. We will have a 15 year old (dra)Maddy, a 13 year old Alex (yikes!), and a 9 year old Peyton. Like I said, scary. But we are going to think about how to raise our girls to love each other, us, their friends, the Lord. And we are going to anticipate what these next 8 years will bring. How much fun they will be. What challenges might present themselves. What Blessings we will receive. I am a big fan of anticipation. Sometimes its the best part of life. Don't you think?

So here's to us Trav! I love you, and I so happy that 8 years ago I said, "I do."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Stacey. That's quite an accomplishment. :)

Jodi said...

8 years! Wow, congrats!!! I hope you had a great anniversary!!! I'm with you though, I don't feel like a year and a half from now I'll be 30!!! I don't feel like I could be anything over 24! Where has time gone!?