Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March Madness: Day 10

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew! Or maybe the clown song would be better, dn dn dn-n n n na dn dn dn na. Because that is what I am feeling at this exact moment. Two of my girls are now sick. Peyton has a double ear infection and gunk in the lungs, and Alex is just now getting a fever. That's not so much the ew. The ew came into play, just a minute ago, when I was letting Peyton play in the bathtub during her bath time. Normally, we are just a quick get em in, scrub em up, make em get out kinda bath people. But tonight I thought I would be nice to Peyton and let her play for a bit since she feels terrible and she LOVES the bath. Hmmm, wrong decision on my part. So, she was playing, and I was sitting there next to her talking to Trav who was in the other room on the computer, when I hear this rather unpleasant noise. I look down and Peyton totally took a major poo in the tub. I'm talking MAJOR, like blow your shorts out kinda poo. So I pick her up really quick before any of it touches her and I set her down in the middle of the bathroom. She decides to take off. And she slips and falls on the bathroom floor. Nice, add screaming toddler to the mix. Pick her up, take her to MY shower, turn on the faucet, put her in, walk away to get the baby wash. She screams even louder, DIVES OUT OF THE BATHTUB, hits her head on the ground, SCREAMS EVEN LOUDER. I yell for Maddy to "bring me the stinkin baby wash"! Put her back into the bath tub, scrub her up really quickly, get her out, realize her towel is in the other bathroom, put her down on the bath mat to go get it, she starts to cry again and takes off, SLIPS AGAIN, on the bathroom floor, starts screaming AGAIN,I pick her up, and, ahh, all is fine. Whew.

Oh, and Trav got to clean the tub. :-)

2 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

Oh Stacey!!!! I am crying right now!!! That was so funny

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness!!! I know I shouldn't be laughing right now, but I just can't help it!!!! What a night!

I hope your girls start feeling better soon!!!