Monday, March 23, 2009

March Madness: Day 23

I have some really messed up family members. (I'm talking my kids & hub here..:-) Not ONE of them likes Avocados. Seriously. What is wrong with them? Avocados are so so so yummy. I could probably eat one everyday and be so very happy. They have this wonderful taste & texture, and taco night with out avocados is like..., cheese with out wine. I thought I was being super nice by sharing my avocados with Peyton at dinner tonight, I spooned some up, and put them in her mouth. She looks at me with wide open eyes and a very disgusted look on her face, then spits them out into her hand, which then proceeds to throw them at my WALL. Yes, people, mushed green avocado + wall = big mess. That's just not cool kid. Not cool. See if I share my prized food with you again. Nuh uh.

On a happier note. I bought my self a little treat. The Twilight movie. We are not normally movie purchasers. Well, movies for Trav & I that is. We buy Disney movies like they will never be "released from the vault" again until 2079. So that made me happy. I feel like such a teenager about it too. I really enjoyed the books. Reading ALL of them on our week long 2008 Sunriver vacation this past August. And I may have re-read them since. So what? I re-read books. Often. More bang for your buck I say. I love to read, does anyone have any good book suggestions? Seriously. Comment if you have some!

On a MUCH happier note. Tomorrow is our 8th wedding anniversary. Holy crap! Definitely will be posting about THAT tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn or Time Traveler's Wife? Or The Secret Life of Bees? Those are some of my all time faves.

Mrs.Gator said...

So I guess there is something wrong with me too! I HATE Avocados... But I am starting to like guacamole...