Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Madness: Day 3!

It began again today. The dreaded "S" word. Soccer. Spring Soccer. Don't get me wrong, I love Soccer. Fall soccer that is. It's because of the colors, the crispness of the fall air, the sun that actually shines and warms our faces. Spring soccer? Not. So. Much. Today for example, it was kinda sorta warm when I left my office at 4:15. Thought, gee practice won't be so bad today. 5:00 rolls around, and its basically a monsoon out there. Wet, cold, windy, cold, wet. Brrrr. You get the picture. Spring soccer comes with muddy fields, rain, oh the rain!, snow. Yes, SNOW. Like last year. I can prove it too. See this post HERE, for my thoughts on the "spring" weather we had last year during soccer season. I will say though, I love watching my daughter, run, laugh, make goals, be proud, be a teammate, have fun. That IS pretty cool stuff. Because, you know what? My kid is healthy. She is growing. And learning. And loving being part of something other then her "family". And that is a great thing to see. So, I guess spring soccer really isn't that bad after all. (This DOESN'T mean I won't complain if it snows during a game. Because, I can guarantee I will.) :-)

No comments: