Saturday, March 14, 2009

March Madness: Day 14

Sip! Day 2. I am going be working at Sip! again today. From 11:00 to 6:00. Then, that's it. Done. Finito. Parent hours complete. Last night was actually pretty fun. I saw LOTS of people I knew. Almost half the people who walked through those doors, I knew some way or another. It was also very humbling. I didn't know this before hand, but I was the CASHIER. Scary. I mean, I know how to do basic addition and subtraction, but put me in a position where I have to do it quickly, and I falter. I sat there the first time someone gave me a Benji (that's a $100 bill for those who don't know) and they said they were paying for 3 people to get in (@ $15 each) with 3 wine glasses (those were 2 for $5 or $3 each). Uh. Crap. Transporting my self back to the 2nd grade here....

This is all in my head - Ok, so that's $45 for the tickets + $8 for the wine glasses = $53. He gave me a $100 bill - $53 = $47? Right? Right. (It was a close one but I managed WITH OUT my fingers. Whew. That would have been embarrassing.)

Now, I am not a stupid person by any means, but I think if you were to really know me, you would know that quick math has never been my strong suit. So needless to say, I really really hope I get Trav's job today. Handing out the wine glasses. No simple math required. And my pride, she stays firmly in place.

1 comment:

Mrs.Gator said...

Oh Stacey... I have a degree in ACCOUNTING and I still use my fingers to add and subtract! Don't feel bad.