Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Madness: Day 4!

Day 4. Huh. This is more work then I initially thought it was gonna be. Oh well.

This one is about a conversation between Maddy & Alex in the car today. Funny stuff.

Me: Hey girls, did you learn anything in school today? Maddy, you can go 1st.
Maddy: Oh yeah! We have been studying penguins. I learned about 2 new kinds. (She totally told me which kind too, but apparently I didn't listen all that well since I don't actually remember which. Good thing its not important in this story..)
Me: That's great Maddy! What about you Alex?
Alex: I learned about Tarantulas.
Me: Ooooh, what are tarantulas?
Alex: They are big humongous spiders with SEVEN feet.
Maddy: Nuh uh, Alex, they have EIGHT feet.
Alex: NO, Maddy, they have SEVEN feet. I know.
Maddy: NO Alex, they have EIGHT feet. I KNOW because I am in 1st grade and I studied that more then you did.
Alex: I don't care Maddy. Your not right. There is 7 feet on a tarantulas.
Maddy: ALEX-A, THERE ARE NOT SEVEN FEET ON THEM. THERE ARE EIGHT. I AM LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS SMARTER THEN YOU ARE.
Alex: Fine Maddy, whatever. (Yes, she used the word "whatever". So cute.) And I think I am smarter then you. And you smell stinky so there.
Maddy: MOOOOMMMMY! Alex said I am stinky.

Thankfully we were pulling up to pick up Trav at this point so the conversation ended there. I just love listening to their conversations though. They just crack me up. Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's funny reading about Maddy and the fact that she calls you Mommy. I was at daycare the other day and she asked, "Why does Will call you Mom?" I had no real idea what she was talking about (why WOULDN'T he call me mom, is there something I'm missing?)That's when I learned you are her Mommy, not Mom. And I just thought I'd share that small little blip on the radar.

Stacey J said...

I have ALWAYS been either Mommy or Momma. Never once has it been Mom. Trav is either Daddy or Dada. I don't want them to call me Mom. I mean, my MOM is a Mom. I'm just pretending. :-) Right?