Thursday, March 12, 2009

March Madness: Day 12

The one where the neighbor almost gets punched. By yours truly.

Um, yeah. So I just totally wanted to rip my neighbors tonsils out of his throat. Seriously. *i just learned that it wasn't my actual neighbor, it was his brother, but still* He just YELLED at my kid. Not cool. Only I can yell at my kids. Ok, Trav can too I guess. But that's IT. You just don't do it. Unless they (my kids) are physically hurting someone, it just crosses the line. And that dude just crossed it.

Here's the scoop. We were just pulling into our driveway. The neighbor kids were out side playing/riding bikes. It's sunny and I needed to make dinner so I told the big girls it would be ok if they went out to ride their bikes. Trav was going to be in the garage with the door open, so they were going to be semi-supervised, and all was fine. I started dinner, put Pey in her high chair with a drink, and stepped out to get the mail. I was closing the lid, on my mail box when I hear Alex, go up to the little boy, and ask him if he wanted to ride her new bike and she could ride his bike. The man, was standing in the yard with one of their 3 HUGE dogs, (that coincidentally ALWAYS poops in my yard, and they NEVER clean it up. Totally rude, but I digress), hears this and yells at Alex, "HELL NO YOU CAN'T RIDE HIS BIKE, NOW GET". Excuse me? What the F*&# did you just say to her? Oh no you di'int. (No I didn't actually say any of those things, mind you, I am still on my deck partially hidden behind a tall bush and my deck posts so he can't see me standing there but oh I wanted to. Oh and who uses the term "now get" now days anyways. Where ya from? 1883?) So, I step forward, down the steps off onto my pathway that leads to my front porch & front door and say "hey Alex, why don't you come over here for a minute" So she rides over and I tell her to go have Daddy fix something on her new bike, and I tell the dude. "That was completely uncalled for." And that's it. I am such a chicken. I will tell you, if he had done anything else besides raise his voice at her, I would have charged over and you couldn't have stopped me from, er, ripping his tonsils from his throat. I can also tell you, my girls will not be playing out side with out one of us actually standing or sitting there again either. Paranoid? Maybe. Better safe the sorry? You can bet you life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a jackassl! That's awful. I don't trust anyone who can't speak kindly to children.

Jodi said...

That's terrible!!!! I'm glad it's not your actual neighbor though! Did Alex act startled at the man!? I don't blame you for being a little paranoid and wanting to supervise them at all times! you just never know!!!