Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a difference a year makes (and a nicer camera too)

The fuzzy pictures are from us getting our tree almost exactly a year ago today. The clearer ones are from our great tree hunting expedition of 2008. At least that's what it felt like. Every year, we put on our clothes that are ok to muddy up and traipse into the "Dawk Fowest" (actually its Ramsbys Tree Farm) to cut down the family tree. And every year it ends up taking, oh, about 2 hours to find just the right one. This year was no exception. One of these years we will just drive up, and I will say, "THATS IT!" At least that's a dream of mine anyways. Fingers crossed its next Christmas. Oh who am I kidding. Its now a Johnson family tradition to argue over what tree is better. And now Maddy & Alex are in on it. So, I like the Turkish furs or Nobles. Maddy, can't stand them. Every one I pointed out, she was like, "NO MOMMY! There are way to many spaces in it!" I tried very patiently to explain to her that is what they are supposed to look like, but she just didn't care. We ended up with a Turkish Fur this year and I can't wait to put it up and decorate it! Post to follow I am sure!
 
<
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to Ramsby's too! :) I love getting a tree- it really kicks off the season.

Jodi said...

Oh how fun! I'm a fake tree person...sometimes I wish I wasn't. oh the memories we could have! Looks like a fun time!!!

Tammy Williams said...

I hear ya! A great camera can do wonders! Love the pictures! Don't you just love getting a Christmas tree when it is so sunny outside:)