Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The one with the Christmas songs

STAY AWAKE! BE HAPPY! FOR YOU'LL NEVER KNOW THE HOUR WHEN THE LORD IS COMING. STAY AWAKE! BE HAPPY! FOR THE LORD IS COMING SOOOOOOON! HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, FOR THE LORD IS COMING SOON!

Now, picture this. Our van. Me. My girls. Small talk...

Me: "So Maddy what songs are you learning for your Christmas program?"
Maddy: "Um, You mean the Winter Program? I think.. We wish you a Happy Holiday, Snowy Pants, Rudolph. And I think a couple more."
Me: "Snowy Pants?"
Maddy: "Yeah"
Me to my self under my breath.. unbelievable.
Me: "How about you Alex? Are you learning any songs for your Christmas program yet?"
Alex: "OH YEAH!" and instantly breaks into song... STAY AWAKE! BE HAPPY! FOR YOU'LL NEVER KNOW THE HOUR WHEN THE LORD IS COMING. STAY AWAKE! BE HAPPY! FOR THE LORD IS COMING SOOOOOOON! HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, FOR THE LORD IS COMING SOON!

And that my friends is the difference between a public school and a private Catholic school. I mean come on, SNOWY PANTS? Seriously? Seriously.

2 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

too true... gotta love that separation of Church and State huh?

Tammy Williams said...

Winter Program? What is this world coming to? We can't even be religious anymore - even at the most highly regarded Christian time of the year.