Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009! And a prayer request too.

2009, its nice to meet you. I am hoping that you will bring us a year of health, happiness, contentedness, financial peace, love, and of course FUN! 2008, you were an ok year. I wish I could tell you differently, but I just can't. You were a year of financial struggles mostly due to paying childcare for our 3 darling girls, and an economy that removed about half of our 401k savings. 2009, give it back please!

My "resolutions" for the year include:
Working out a tad more regularly. No more once every other month for me! No sir. My goal is to work out 2-3 times a week. I need to get skinny again.
Flossing everyday. (same as my friend Kristen as noted on her Baby Steps blog. Apparently, we share the same level of flossing enjoyment.)
I am going to drink more water.
I am going to thoroughly enjoy every moment with my kids. Even those moments where I really feel like knocking the big girls' heads together because they won't stop screaming at each other. No, really.
I am going to pay more attention to my bank account, and TRY to save money. Isn't that a grand idea? Sorry Mr. Debit card. If I succeed you might just not get used as much.

I asked Maddy and Alex what there resolutions were going to be, and Maddy was like, what the heck are resovations? So, I tried to explain it to her and she came up with the following..
1. She is going to try to stop sucking her thumb. (yes, my almost 7 year old still sucks her thumb. All the time. Its a really good resolution)
2. She is going to try to stop being mean to Alex. (another good one, but in my opinion, they should already be nice to each other. Riiiigh)

Alex's.... (she only had one)
1. She is going to try to stop wetting the bed. (hopefully she follows through)

Hopefully 2009 will prove to be a grand year. For everyone.

One thing before I go.. I have a dear friend of mine who I know reads this. Her 9 year old niece is currently at Emanuel hospital undergoing major tests to find out what is making her so sick. The are testing for the horrible "C" word tomorrow. Will you all join me in praying for this sweet strong girl? And for her family? My dear friend has already lost a teen aged sister to cancer years ago, and its just not fair for them to have to go through this stress and fear again. (Really, its not fair period, but it this just seems extra cruel) I would love to give you her name, but I haven't asked if it is ok, so I am going to leave that private for the time being. I will keep you all posted on her diagnosis if you would like. Thanks so much. Blessings.. Stacey

2 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

Great RESOVATIONS! I will be praying for your friend.

Anonymous said...

Get skinny again? HA! Aren't you the same girl that didn't gain an ounce of baby weight?? Please. I liked the one about enjoying every moment with your kids though. I was just telling myself to be more patient with Wren. :) Happy New Year.