Sunday, January 11, 2009

A quick update...

Hey all... My Mom is doing pretty well all things considered. She suffered a stroke on Friday. Luckily for her it was a "small" one and in "the best place to have a stroke if you're going to have one" What ever the crap that means. The are doing LOTS of tests, trying to figure out where the heck the darn blood clot came from that ended up in the cerebellum(?)part of her brain.(seriously not sure that is right at all...I am pretty much exhausted right now so my own brain is pretty muddled) She has lost some sensation on her left side. Which stinks for her since she is a lefty. She will be using a walker to get around while doing all sorts of therapy. Occupational, physical, & speech. Hopefully she will be released tomorrow to go home. That's all I have the energy for right now. It was an interesting, & mostly crappy weekend and I get to go to work tomorrow, so I am off to bed now. Thanks so so so much to all who prayed for her. There is a reason I call you friends! Love ya, Stace

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Stacey...I woke up thinking of you this morning. Praise the Lord is wasn't worse but at the same time this is obviously very difficult. Your mom and family will continue to be in our prayers, let me know if there is anything I can do!

Jodi said...

Thanks for updating us! Sorry you're having to deal with this! i'll be continuing to pray for her and you and Charity!

Tammy Williams said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing better. The therapy should help her a lot and I pray that the numbness goes away for her sake. Your family is in my prayers.