Thursday, January 22, 2009

I feel sick

I am so nervous. Tomorrow Trav & I have a meeting with Alex's principal & teacher to discuss her behavior. I feel in my gut they are going to tell me that she can no longer go to school there. And THAT just breaks my heart. Now, I don't KNOW that is going to happen, but us Moms, we're pretty darned intuitive. And I feel sick. My Alex, she is a very sweet girl. Full of life & pizazz! But she just doesn't know how to corral it. She is impulsive, and stubborn, and kind of hard to work with. But she is so very smart. I almost feel like yelling at the teacher for not understanding HOW to deal with her! I can, Travis can, Diane out daycare provider can. I want to yell, DON'T GIVE UP ON HER! She's only 4! Its our job, to teach her, to guide her, to SHOW her! To be role models for her. But most of all to love her for who she is. I know, boy do I know, she is a difficult child right now, but if we don't take control of the situation at this moment, she will become a difficult PERSON, whom no one likes. And that is just not ok. So, for right now, I feel sick. And I am praying for my sweet girl. And for me, so that I can be the Mom she needs me to be. I am her advocate. Her biggest fan. Lord give me peace. And knowledge. And hope. Because Hope, it helps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it works out for you, Stacey!

Mrs.Gator said...

My fingers are crossed for your meeting tomorrow. I hope everything goes well!!! Let me know okay?

Tammy Williams said...

I will be thinking of you today as you talk to Alex's principal. Please let us know the verdict:)

Tracy said...

You guys are in our prayers...