Sunday, January 4, 2009

The one where the kids FINALLY go back to school

Phew! Its over. The longest Christmas break in the history of McMinnville schools is officially over. THANK GOODNESS. My big kids have been drivin me a little bit mad this last week. Yesterday I just about cracked. They were running in my living room, Alex was giving us her crazy clown laugh, and Maddy her hyena cackle, and I just about blew my top! I said, "GIRLS, get your shoes and coats on NOW! And go outside and run laps around the back yard! GO!" This all occurred while Trav was at the store. He came home to find the big girls in the back yard, and me holding my ears rocking back & forth on the couch. Joking! (about the rocking part anyways) He says to me "Stace, why on earth are the girls running around outside? Its like, freezing cold out there!" Of course I answered with the truth. They were driving me crazy and I needed them to burn off some of that energy. He laughed and told the girls to come inside. I almost cried. Instead I just broke out the bottle of coconut rum. Much better. You know the saying "you've got your beer goggles on?" Well, I put my rum goggles on. Don't judge. Please? I actually hardly EVER drink. Honest! But sometimes a girl just needs a little somethin somethin to get her chill on. I am better today. Much. Mostly because I know my kids are back to school tomorrow and all is going to be good again.

2 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

I bet you about lost it when you saw the snow haha... HOpefully it is gone by morning!

Jodi said...

i'm sorry, I just had to laugh! Mostly because I can totally see myself doing that!!!!