Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I need a break

Meltdown in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... For reals. I am in dire need of a break. A break from my job. From my kids. From my house. From. Just from.

Work is so busy right now. I am frequently in meetings. I told Trav the other day that my job title should be changed to "Meeting Go-er". And when I am not in meetings, its then time to play catch up with my in-box. I tell my self daily - be thankful for your job, be thankful for your job. And I AM thankful. Just tired.

Kids are driving me to the drink. (iced tea that is) Peyton is our little angel/demon child. Alex. Well, shes still our Alex. (need I say more?) And Maddy is little Miss Attitude. I tell my self daily - be thankful for healthy kids, be thankful for healthy kids. And I am thankful. Just tired.

My house. Doesn't.Stay.Clean. Ever. The Laundry, I swear is plotting against me to bury my house while I am at work. Dinner? Yup, every night it gets made. I know, I know, these are things EVERYONE deals with. Daily. And I also tell my self daily - be thankful for my home, be thankful for my home. And I am thankful. But I am just so tired.

Mothers day is coming up and I am praying that I get a day to do nothing. The thing is, we both have mothers to celebrate as well. So the chances of me being able to do nothing is slim to none. Not to mention Church at 9:30, so there goes sleeping in. And I probably just sounded terribly selfish huh. And, as embarrassing as this is, we have no extra money for gifts for our Mothers. Or for a lunch out so I don't have to cook. But heck. My mortgage is paid, so there's something.

Sorry for the really negative post today. I just really needed to get this off my chest. Next time I will be happier, and maybe I will tell you about the imaginary vacation I will be taking.

No comments: