Monday, September 1, 2008

Vacation recap

Shoot.. We're home. I wish vacation could last longer! We had a great time in Sunriver. Swimming, playing games every night, playing at the park, playing basketball, eating great food, and for me reading and taking pictures. I took over 300 this week. I can't imagine ever doing that will 35mm film. Ah, I love technology! And I also read 4 books. Big books. Totalling approx 2200 pgs or so. Granted they are considered "teen" books and were also very fast reads. But I became addicted! It was the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. They are books about Vampires and Werewolves, among other things. But I truly enjoyed them. I guess it shouldn't be so hard for me to understand why I liked them so much. I loved the Harry Potter books. I would read all day everyday if I could. But I think my family would have a tiny problem with it...

Maddy learned how to "swim" this week, and Alex learned how to float on both her front and back. Alex was swimming from the wall to us by her self also, but we were only about 10 or so feet away and most of it was the pushing of the wall part. BUT she was comfortable which is a great thing! Maddy is like I said able to "swim" now. What I mean by "swim" is she can move her arms and legs to propel herself forward. But, she has to stand up to breath. I tried to teach her to roll over onto her back and float for a while when she needs to take a breath, then to switch back to her tummy to continue the swim but heck no! Momma doesn't know anything.. I am very proud of her though. She has always been my most, um, cautious child. Peyton sort of enjoyed the water. When I was holding her. She is turning out to be a total Mommy's girl. As much as I love it, it can be really hard when she will go to no one else but me. Oh well, I am sure she will outgrow that phase soon enough. Pey is also cruising against everything now! She will even take one step to go from the couch to the coffee table. Crazy huh! She will be 9 months tomorrow. Well I am going to end here with some pictures of vaction.
(I am asking for forgivness now.. There are a bunch! Sorry!)


















1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

Great photos. Glad you all had a good time. We went on a little trip of our own and I will be posting pictures soon too. Great camera you have there!