Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm gonna be an Auntie soon!

Yay! My sister went to the doc today and she is almost 4 cm dialated! I am so excited to be an Auntie. I have always just been the "mommy", so how cool is it to finally get to spoil & send home?! Please be praying that she has an easy & safe labor & delivery.. Thanks!

We also had a major hit in my family this week. My Mom, after 31 YEARS at her job for the same company (the very same on I work for) was fired. For being 30 min late of all things. Needless to say I am appaled, disgusted, broken hearted, frustrated, and a bunch other things about this. Obviously her boss was out to get her for some reason.. NOT cool. It is so hard for me to go to work everyday knowing that they could let this happen. Fortunatly I have a very supportive boss & even VP over my division. Not to mention my coworkers. They understand that I am having issues with it all, and are being really great about it. So be praying for my Mom too. That she will know that even though it may not seem like it right now, the Lord has bigger plans for her. It was really fortunate for me, the day it happened (I was having a really hard time with all of it), we go to our small group on Wednesday nights. We had been doing a fairy quick study of the book of Philippians, and we were finishing it up that night. The Chapter we were reading was Philippians Chapter 4. There were two parts that really stuck out in my mind.
They were:
Philippians Chapter 4 verses 4-7: Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be Anxious about anything, but in everything, but prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the Peace of God wil guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.
And also:
Philippians Chapter 4 verses 10-13: I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in pleanty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Those 2 parts really helped me. It affirmed yet again that my Lord & Savior, is who I can rely on in every situation. I just need to give it up in prayer. One of my prayers is that I will be able to be there for my Mother, and help her during her time of need.
Wow, so that got a little deeper then I thought it would... Thanks for listening! Stace

No comments: