Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ahoy Maties!

I took the girls up to the Rose Festival this Saturday, where we met up with one of my Uncles, who is in the Navy. He gave us a tour of his ship the USS Preble. The girls had quite a few questions.. Such as:
"Do those things spit fire?"
"Do they sleep AND eat here?"
And my favorite...
"Where is the swimming pool?"
It was a fun and interesting afternoon. The only problem was at the very end when we were off the ship, Maddy & Alex were running around a rock sculpture of sorts and Alex totally ate it. I was sure she was going to have a concussion. Thankfully all that she had was a huge goose egg and bruise on her forehead. Whew! Here are some pictures from our afternoon.









And I have to give a big kudos to my sister Charity.. She braved the ship too, and at 38 weeks pregnant, that was quite a feat! I know that when I was 38 weeks pregnant I could barely walk... Let alone navigate the narrow halls & stairwells of a Navy Destroyer! We were hoping the activity would put her into labor, but no such luck.. Hoping to see baby Olivia soon!

3 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

Yeah, no such luck on that whole labor bit :(. I am so ready to have this little girl!!! Hopefully soon!

So I am really glad that Mom was watching me take that picture of you and the girls inside the ship!!! She sure got a good picture :).

Tammy Williams said...

Beautiful pictures Stacey! I have only seen pictures of my hubby's time on the submarine but it would have been nice to see it in person. Glad you got to tour your uncle's ship!

Mrs.Gator said...

you know I crack up everytime I see that picture (it is adorable)but you put that up there to taunt me didn't you :) ha!!! I cannot believe I totally missed Peyton on the picture I took...

I am a goober!