Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Horrible, just horrible!

I had my thyroid injetions today. And all I can say is, horrible, just horrible. I actually cried. Alot. It hurt so incredibly bad. She told me that for them to be truly effective I need to get them done, once or maybe even twice a week. I honestly can not imagine doing it ever again, let alone later this week. She didn't even numb it at all! She just took the needle & stuck it in my neck. Then, when I was crying so much she grabbed my hands, and stuck both of them, telling me it would calm me down. All that did was make my hand break out in a rash & swell up. She ended up only doing one side of my thryoid since it was just way to intense for me to withstand having the other side done. I didn't see my normal Naturalpath doc, and I really didn't like this new one at all. If this doesn't make me feel better, I have decided that it will be time for me to see my endocrinologist, so I can start on Tapazol. Which breaks my heart because I really want to continue nursing for a lot longer. But my health is more important to me & my family then it is for me to continue nursing Peyton. She has had almost 3 months now of nursing, which has been great for her. So we will see how I start feeling.

My dentist appointment had to get reschedualed due to the doc being double booked. In a way I was ok with it, especially since she is going to take $50 off my bill, but on the other hand I was all ready geared up for a day full of ickiness.. And to get them all done and over with. oh well.

Thanks for all your thoughts today! Stace

1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

I am SSOOO SORRY that it didn't go well! When I had to have my breast surgery after Maya was born, I thought the same thing -that I just wanted to continue to nurse her - but it was too painful and I had to start feeding her formula. You have to remember that you need to do what is best for you too. Don't forget about mommy! Peyton is a healthy baby and 3 months of your milk is GREAT! Maya only got 1 month out of me and both her and Declan are VERY healthy babies. I know that you might feel a bit discouraged, I did too - but she will turn out okay in the end. And if mommy is happy - she will be that much happier as well. I am praying for you all!!