Thursday, February 26, 2009

The mystery of the missing corndog

We have been uber busy this week. Like, get up before 6:00 am, walk out the door by 7:00 am, and not walk back into our house until 8:00 - 10:00 pm. Makes for 3 grumpy girls, 1 irritable Mommy, and one very messy house. Anyways. One night I was out with Maddy and Trav had taken Alex & Peyton home. He was in charge of their dinner, I was in charge of Maddy's & mine. Madalynn & I went to Mazatlan. Yummy. He took the little girls to Dairy Queen. Ick. Anyways... He got Alex a corndog & french fries and they took it home. And he didn't, I repeat, DID NOT get the baby anything. He figured he could feed her something a bit more healthy at home. I agree. I also think that he could have feed Alex something like that too. I digress.. So, Peyton was a little bit peeved at Daddy for not getting her a corndog apparently because when he was up stairs changing, Alex yells at him "DADDY! I CAN'T FIND MY CORNDOG!" This bemuses Trav. He can't figure out for the life of him what on earth Alex would have done with her corndog. So, he calms her down and says he is going to look in the van for it. (anyone else see a problem with that? or is it just me?) On the way out the door he spots little Miss Peyton, HIDING behind our couch, gnawing on the corndog. Mystery solved. We have a bonified corndog thief in out midst. I guess we'll forgive her. Since she's so cute. But beware. She's not above steeling other peoples food! :-)

1 comment:

Mrs.Gator said...

Oh Stacey!!!! I love reading your blog! I usually end a post in tears and now the funny stories are about Peyton too :).

Thanks sis :)