Saturday, February 7, 2009

Are you flippin kidding me?!

Kid. Puke. Again. VAN. Lots. And lots. And lots.

We were on our way up to Costco, Red Robins, & Frys in Wilsonville this afternoon. We had picked our girls up from a night with the G-parents and were ready to have a fun family night out. Our girls looked a bit peaked, but nothing out of the norm after spending the night away from home with no bedtime enforced. Didn't think much of it. Then the van was silent. Weird. Alex had fallen asleep. Strange, but it happens. Peyton had fallen asleep. Happens quite often too. Maddy, she turned green. Literally. Not good. Then all of a sudden. We hear it. There are really no words to describe the sound. You moms know it. So I don't need to waste time trying to explain it. Puke. I hand her a plastic sack to finish in. She just holds it and keeps throwing up all over her clothes. And the seats. Did I mention the floor? Really really gross. We pull into the parking lot at Costco, and I start to work with baby wipes. Yes, my friends, baby wipes are the multi-purpose tool of the Mommy hood trade. Meanwhile Alex is back there with us, gagging. I was so afraid she was going to throw up too. But she didn't. Phew! I get Maddy all cleaned up as best I could with what I had available, changed her clothes. (Thank you Dad for washing my girls' clothes last night! You are a lifesaver!)And into Costco we went. (yes, I took her into Costco like 7 minutes after she got sick everywhere. I was NOT going to waste that trip.) And she preceded to ballet through out the store. Kids are so darn resilient. We skipped out on Red Robins though. Figured that wasn't such a good idea. Went to Frys. Bought us a Wii! Should be fun. :-)

And for a non sickness related story. *you are welcome* On the way home, Alex REALLY had to use the potty. We were on 18 between Mac & Sheridan so there was no place to stop. I had Alex sing the Alphabet to distract her. So she did. I then asked her to sing it backwards. Thinking that would give her something to actually think about. Nope. She just did it. With out even pausing. Crazy. Even I have a hard time doing that. I was pretty much dumbstruck. She might be a handful most of the time, but she is a smart one!

I am off now. Need to finish cleaning up my house for a baby shower tomorrow. My little sisters. She's having a baby boy, due in May. I made 2 ginormous cakes today. Huge. Yummy. Cakes. One chocolate, one white chocolate. 7 layers each. So good. But oh so bad. Have a night night!

2 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

Holy cakes! You should take a picture and post them on here so people can see the yummyness that will be those cakes!

(I totally had multiple exclamation points on this but I deleted them haha)

Sorry about the puke but I can't help but giggle. I was saying Holy POOP earlier Olivia had it all the way to her neck! Straight to the bath she went.

Tammy Williams said...

Hmmm, should I be happy or upset that we didn't run into you at Costco? We had to go there on Sunday so I guess we missed you guys. A Wii sounds like lots of fun. Make sure the girls do not have upset stomachs when they use it though - or it could be a messy situation again:) Take care.