Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Fun

The 4th of July. Independence Day. Also known as my hubs FAVORITE holiday. He loves every bit of it. The over priced fireworks, the BBQ's, the desserts. Did I mention the OVER PRICED fireworks? Seriously. He might have even traveled a bit north to buy some too. Maybe.

We were invited to two different events that day, and of course, we went to both. We started out at our friends/small group leaders/pastors house for a little swimming, boccie, and bbq. Good BBQ. Really good. My friend Rachel might just make the best corn salad EVER. Oh, and the home made Ice Cream. With fresh strawberries. Heaven.On.Earth.

The second event was at my in-laws house. Where we lit off all those over priced fireworks. From up north. Sadly, we really couldn't enjoy the fireworks all that much because my "nephew" Bruce the dog, got really spooked by them and TOOK OFF. Like, really really took off. So the entire night my bro Austin was searching for his dog. Trav went out for a good 2 hours before finally returning to light the rest off. Luckily Bruceters found his way home around 2:00 am. So all turned out well.

And finally, here is a GORGEOUS picture of my 3 beauties. I might be biased, but I am pretty sure you will agree with me here. As well as a picture from a year ago to show how much they have grown since the 4th last year.

See, told ya they are stunners.

No comments: