Monday, July 7, 2008

A few cute stories from the past

I have been thinking back alot lately, about what the big girls used to do & say and I just had to document some of them.. Here are some of my faves.

~Literal Maddy ~
One evening when Maddy was 4 years old, I went out to get the mail. I was flipping through all of the envelopes, seeing what bills we received & whatnot, when I found an envelope address to Miss Maddy Johnson. I told her, "Maddy, you got a letter in the mail!" She got SO excited, and said, "Which one? An M?!" Yes, my ever so literal child thought a letter could only mean one from the alphabet...

~Envious Alex~
Alex, as we have determined in prior posts is a "free spirit". She also hates to lose, and gets very very envious.. Well... She went through a time where she REALLY wanted to have a penis. I was actually quite disturbed about all of it. Here are two stories from that "phase"..

One afternoon, I was picking the girls up from daycare.. I noticed Alex wasn't wearing the pants I had put her in in the morning. I questioned Diane, and she told me that, yes, Alex had an accident. That didn't bother me too much, because she had just turned 3 and had only been potty trained for about 6 months at that time. What disturbed me the most was when Alex walks up to me, pulls down her pants and shouts, "LOOK MOMMA, DEESE UNNERWARES HAB A PENIS POCKET! THEM ARE WEALLY COOL." Yes, she shouted that her panties had a penis pocket in them. Turns out she had run out of panties in her spares there so Diane loaned her some of her extras.. Which just so happened to be the little boys underroos. Oh joy.

Another GREAT penis envy story...
One night I was downstairs and the girls were up in bed "sleeping". Well I heard a bunch of noises coming from their room so I decided to see what in the heck they were doing. BAD IDEA. I walked into the room and found baby wipes all over the place. And Alex's panties were wet. Not soaking wet like she had had an accident, but damp. I asked her "Alex why are your panties wet?" And being the honest little girl she is said, "Cuz I put wipes in dem so I could have a penis".. WHY?! "WHY, Alex do you think you need to do that?!" "I not know" was my precious daughters reply..

~Back to Maddy.. Literal Maddy strikes again! ~

This is one of my Mom's favorite stories of Maddy's. Probably because she was right there when my oh so charming daughter said it.

I was making dinner one night, and my parents were over for the evening. We had just started to eat, when my mom asked me what I put in the food I had made. (I can't remember what I made that night) I replied with "just some seasonings". Maddy's eyes got really big, like whoa.. She said, "What kinds of seasonings, Momma? Fall, or Winter?! Christmas ones maybe?!"

My girls make me smile & laugh so much.. What a bunch of goofy girls!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Good memories...way to document them!

Mrs.Gator said...

OOHH my favorite Maddy stories are... The doritos in the fridge because they were "hot" and the time that I called myself a goober and she said to me "you not a goober you auntie Charity."

One of my favorite Alex moments happened not that long ago, we were at dinner with mom and dad and Alex wanted me to take her potty so I did on the way back she ran ahead and jumped into a booth with another family because she thought it was our table. She went to the right location in the restaurant just the opposite side! Poor girl was so embarrassed...

I can't wait to have Peyton and Olivia stories to share :)

Thanks for making me laugh!