Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another one bites the dust

My 7 year old daughter has become an Oregon Ducks Football fan. We're talking a big fan. HUGE. Its cute, but also a teensy bit disturbing. I mean come on.
1. She's a 7 year old.
2. She's a 7 year old GIRL.
3. Did I mention she's a SEVEN YEAR OLD GIRL?!

Is it me? Am I that out of sync with little girls? I thought they were supposed to be obsessing over Hannah Montana and Barbies & stuff. Not when & who the Oregon Ducks are playing.

This morning she was super excited. Her Ducky's are playing tonight. She got up, got dressed, brushed her hair & teeth, made her bed, came into my room, went into my closet, picked out MY clothes because she wanted me to to wear a GREEN shirt, then went into Peyton's room and picked out Pip's clothes because she wanted her to wear her Ducks tee shirt, all with out me saying one word to her. Then she says to Trav "Daddy! I am so excited because the Ducks are on TV tonight! I want some new Ducks clothes because mine are all too small now." And of course, when anything has to do with the Ducks Trav is all for it and tells her he will get her some soon.

And you know what Alex said? "The ducks are poopy butts, GO BEAVERS!"

So the war continues....

2 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

Maddy just broke Auntie Charity's heart :(. I am with Alex GO BEAVERS!!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

I like Alex's opinion. Ducks are poopy butts!!