Thursday, August 7, 2008

Swimming Lessons!

The big girls had their very 1st swimming lesson today! They were so very excited to start learning how to swim. And yes, for all who know me, this is truly pathetic of me, the swimmer, one who spent 12 years of her life on the swim team. The one who lived and breathed swimming. Who broke her foot and still swam in 3 races in the High School State Championship finals. The one who actually TAUGHT swimming lessons. To wait until her oldest was 6 years old before getting her into swimming lessons. I saw my one of my old swim coaches/boss/mentors there, and he looked at me and said "these couldn't be Stacey Murphy's girls. If they were they would know how to swim by now." This would be the same man who dubbed me "Spacey Stacey" at age 7.. Granted it was and is still true to a certain extent. I would sort of just zone out, uh I mean really focus, sometimes. I think my oldest might take after me.. If you watch the slideshow I am sure you will pick out the picture I am talking about. 8-0



All in all, my girls did GREAT! Maddy did have a scared moment, but she worked her self out of it pretty quick. Alex is just a natural. Future Olympians? We'll just have to see!

1 comment:

Mrs.Gator said...

I really wish I were closer!!! That way when Peyton and Olivia are old enough they could do swimming lessons together! Plus I want to see Maddy & Alex more!