Saturday, August 29, 2009

Amos Lee

Trav & I went to the Amos Lee concert at the Zoo last night. It was a wonderful night full of good food, great people watching, and truly excellent music. If you have never heard of Amos Lee before, I HIGHLY recommend him. Especially if you like folky, jazzy music. He reminds me alot of Jack Johnson, James Taylor, Jason Mraz & others. So good. Check him out.

Now. The people watching like I said was great. I mean GREAT. The amount of Wine & Beer being sold there was just, wow. I mean, everywhere I looked groups of people were walking by with each person carrying a bottle of wine or two beers each. Unbelievable. Even the air smelled like beer. Not that I'm an uptight non drinker. That's not it at all. It just seemed so excessive. Towards the end of the show, we decided to pack up our spot in the far far far back and walk around a bit to see if we could get a better look at the stage. We ended up against a wall like 20 feet away from the performers. It was pretty cool. Anyways, while we were standing there, this INCREDIBLY drunk man came up and started dancing. He looked like he was trying to mimic a monkey. The way he was waving his arms and body, and couldn't walk straight was funny but also a bit sad. I don't think I have seen someone that impaired for a long time. Watching him, and watching the girl he was with try to help him stay up right really made me think of how lucky I am to be married to Trav. Who would never ever become that sloppy drunk.

The whole night was really fun, and on the way home Trav told me that that was his first ever concert. WHAT?! We've been married 8 1/2 years and we've never been to a concert together? WOW! Well, it might've been his 1st, but it definitely won't be his last. We are already planning on going again next year.

Here's a pic of Trav & I under the umbrella that I took with my cell phone. Did I mention it was raining? At an outdoor concert? NO? Well, yeah it was. Didn't stop us from having a great time though.

No comments: